Robotwars terug op TV!

Voor alle algemene zaken zoals bv het forum...

Moderator: Moderators

Jeroen

Re: Robotwars terug op TV!

Post by Jeroen » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:39 pm

Bad radio signal at first, then some ESC related fun, and ultimately (I think) a loose connection somewhere!

None of these issues relate to being brushless drive.
Aldus Ellis
What goes up must come down...

Jeroen

Post by Jeroen » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:48 pm

Ik moet toch nog even een observatie delen:
Ik zat in de pits te wachten. En een robot, ( niet die van de aflevering van vandaag) had dringend reparatie nodig. Een aantal mensen waren aan het helpen. Toen kwam de cameraploeg en presentator om het te filmen. En precies op dat moment komt een zekere Ed helpen. Maar nog opvallender was, de camera's gingen uit, en Ed was weer weg :')

kos

Post by kos » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:40 pm

Een spannende aflevering waar ik zeer van heb genoten. Het was een verrassende uitslag. :)

En dat Ed opdringerig overal met zijn neus bovenop staat, viel mij ook al op. Maar zo kennen we hem nu eenmaal.
Technically speaking, Whiskey is a solution.

Cavecrusher

Post by Cavecrusher » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:14 am

Toen wij op de tribune zaten, zagen we ed 'meehelpen' bij chompalot met een accu in zijn hand. Zodra de camera weg was, was ed ook weg. Dit was net voor het gevecht met Gabriel....

Sabotage!!!

:D
You know what would make great armor? Baby kittens!

Trying is having the intention to fail.

leo-rcc
Site Admin

Post by leo-rcc » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:36 am

Volgens Debs van Chompalot hebben ze juist veel te danken aan Ed. Hij was het die ze ompraate om er toch voor te gaan en roboteers voor hulp te vragen. Dat is zonder meer het talent van Ed, hij kan praten als Brugman (het is ook zijn werk).
THIS! A 'tribute' from one of the teams that helped get us back in the arena! What isn't know is that Ed from Team Storm - Robot Wars World Champions and BattleBots Season 2 is the reason we got in round 2, many people helped us, and we're tremendously grateful for their help. But Ed...
We came out of the arena after the 4 way battle down hearted, Chompie was in a bad way, the only thing we could do was go home. There's just Simon and the amount of damage was severe, I doubted a fix up would be possible. We'd had a team meeting, went over the options several times and still didn't know what to do, but it didn't look good.

Then Ed appeared like a magical genie, he asked if we were going to go for it, I said it wasn't possible, he said it was, and from the look on his face I believed him. I cried - I'm a girl, we do that sometimes - Ed turned the sense of defeat into a sense of defiance, 'we can't' to 'we can'. He'll never know how much his kind words and encouragement meant to us that day, we owe you big time Mr Hoppit :)

The call went up, Ed said we needed help and within moments there was a sea of faces around our table, people calling out suggestions, pulling bits away, assessing the damage and the hive of activity continued for what seemed like hours, both Simon and I can never explain how the people who helped us made us feel. I know that there is a sense of family and we describe ourselves as such, that day we got to feel the full force of that concept. We owe somebody a hammer/mallet I think Dave Weston who was trying to separate the jaws, accidentally broke whoever's he borrowed, whoever it was, let us know and we'll get you a new one.

We owe big thanks to Clive from Robot Wars - TR2 who was an enormous help, not forgetting the entire Terror Turtle team who pitched in with advice, help and brute force, Ed and Tim from Team Storm and their sterling work with the piece of wood that wedged bits up inside, goodness knows where that wood came from, but we still have it if you want it back lol!? It diodn't even burn lol! Magic wood!

All this was done whilst teams were working to get their own robots ready for battle. The help and support we got was amazing, and overwhelming, I missed out on some of the action and I may have missed some names and faces, if I have please tag yourself here, you have our most grateful thanks. Name omission is not intentional, those few hours were a blur, whilst Simon and his army of helpers attempted to fix Chompie to get him back in the arena, I was running round like a lunatic trying to find chain links, hack saws, and various other tools we didn't have with us, oooo and the welder "DanDan MetalMan Tall" who was on his lunch at the time.

While the guys were working on Chompie, Dara came round to interview me, poor Jme from Terror Turtle was hammering the jaw straight aided by Dave Weston and got told off for hammering whilst filming as you all saw in week 4, so they took the jaw outside and hammered it straight there, well as straight as it could be.

Putting the jaws back together somehow the nut that holds the two pieces of the jaw in place had disappeared. There was nothing big enough, then I remembered the nut in my pocket the one that Simon sent me in the post 15 years before and it was a perfect fit. The lucky nut that Simon had given me 15 years earlier became exactly that. A lot of people will think it scripted, but it really happened that way. We had a tremendous amount of luck that day and a lot of friends worked a miracle, from me, him and Chompie THANK YOU!
Mvg,
Leo van Miert
Team RCC website.
Gentlemen, no fighting please. This is, after all, a council of war.

Upstart

Post by Upstart » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:45 am

Vergeten op te nemen :(
http://www.wallieonline.nl
https://www.youtube.com/user/wallieonline

Damic

Post by Damic » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:14 am

Upstart wrote:Vergeten op te nemen :(
Staat online al, deze morgen snel gezien
Ik kan vanalles en nog wat maar niets te goei, klinkt bekent??
Team CAD (Copy Adjust Destroy) :lol:

Upstart

Post by Upstart » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:14 pm

@Damic Thanks! Had gister avond laat al gekeken of er wat stond maar toen was episode 4 de laatste. Zie nu episode 5 er bij staan :)
http://www.wallieonline.nl
https://www.youtube.com/user/wallieonline

Damic

Post by Damic » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:29 pm

Om 6u30 staan ik op en een paar minuten later is de laatste ep binnen :+ meestal staat het rond 6u online :)
Ik kan vanalles en nog wat maar niets te goei, klinkt bekent??
Team CAD (Copy Adjust Destroy) :lol:

Jeroen

Post by Jeroen » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:01 pm

Ik lees net dat amazone een fout heeft gemaakt, en dat de dvd's van robotwars al bezorgt zijn bij mensen..

Mischa

Post by Mischa » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:23 pm

Jeroen wrote:Ik lees net dat amazone een fout heeft gemaakt, en dat de dvd's van robotwars al bezorgt zijn bij mensen..
Mooi dus de finale is al ergens illegaal online te zien? :mrgreen:
Hoe dan?

Jeroen

Post by Jeroen » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:22 pm

Mischa wrote:
Jeroen wrote:Ik lees net dat amazone een fout heeft gemaakt, en dat de dvd's van robotwars al bezorgt zijn bij mensen..
Mooi dus de finale is al ergens illegaal online te zien? :mrgreen:
Nog niet gevonden :(

leo-rcc
Site Admin

Post by leo-rcc » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:36 pm

Ik ga ook niet zoeken, ik zie het zondagavond wel.
Mvg,
Leo van Miert
Team RCC website.

Jeroen

Post by Jeroen » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:26 pm

Spijtig deze uitkomst, wederom een smet op een finale. Carbide had na de knockout in het eerste gevecht niet moeten stoppen, en alles stuk moeten maken, al was het alleen al om aan te tonen dat deze formule voor een finale faalt.

Dat gezegd : beste aflevering ooit, ik zat op het puntje van mijn stoel. Ondanks de wederom slechte editing.

leo-rcc
Site Admin

Post by leo-rcc » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:36 pm

Dit keer waren er tenminste geen uitslagen bij waar ik het niet mee eens was, tov vorige week is dat al een forse verbetering. Hoe dan ook, of die robot nu wel of niet in de competitie had moeten zitten valt over te discussiëren, hij heeft overtuigend gewonnen.
Mvg,
Leo van Miert
Team RCC website.